Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 20: Where did I leave off?

Sigh, I've been MIA
I took quite an extensive break from writing my blog.  If you are a nursing student, you can probably understand.  If you are N150 nursing student who happens to be in the med/surg rotation with me, you really understand why I took a long break.  So why do you ask?

MED-SURG IS HARD!
THERE'S NO TIME!
I'M ALWAYS STUDYING OR WORKING!
THERE'S SOOO MUCH TO READ!
I READ SLOW!

Inevitably, I've forgotten most of the fine details of this week, the following week, the week after that, etc.  Thank god it's spring break and I can actually catch up.  I'm also thankful for facebook for saving some of my thoughts.  Don't expect an extensively long entry because I don't how make what I remember fill up more space.  Enjoy!


Same Sh*t, Different Week (minus the 4 Day Weekend)
We definitely did get Friday and Monday off from school, but it wasn't as great as you think.  It just meant I had time to catch up with the reading.  That's what I did, I read and read and read.
Even after reading the chapter's, I really don't know how much of it actually entered my brain.  We were reading fluid and electrolytes.  That is some of the most uninteresting stuff you can imagine.  Even our instructors didn't want to lecture about it.  Unfortunately, fluid and electrolytes imbalances are bad to patients.  It can kill them.  We can kill them by simply not hanging right IV solution.  Although it's boring stuff, it's important stuff

At Starbucks...I see weird shit.

I posted this picture on facebook and apparently it was quite a hit.  I don't know what can possess a guy to sit like this.  I swear this guy was sitting like this for at least 15 minutes.  How is that comfortable?   Do you know people are going to look at and take pictures?  Are you trying to cool off the junk in your trunk?


In hindsight, I wish I got a picture of this, but the girl was fugly.  Why would I take a picture of that?  In my opinion, if you're out in public, don't draw attention to yourself in a bad way. Pajama's are meant for home.  You clearly don't have time to take care of yourself and you don't have the money on thicker clothing.

Yea, this is a fairly crappy entry.  Better one's are coming! Expect a new blog entry everyday this week!