Saturday, December 25, 2010

Special Entry #2: Merry Christmas Everyone!

In the spirit of the holidays, I decided to record and perform some christmas music for you all (if you don't celebrate christmas, you can still enjoy me playing the piano :)!)

Music from A Charlie Brown Christmas
Everyone has watch A Charlie Brown Christmas right?  Well if you haven't, then you must not like Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang.  You've have been missing out some excellent music that Vince Guaraldi wrote for this animated special.  Usually I don't talk about how I approach playing a piece on the piano (I'd rather have people just enjoy and listen), but I thought I give you an idea of what goes on in my brain to produce what you are hearing.  I tend to play these pieces the way they sound on recordings, however I do tend to put my own spin in certain sections to create my sound.  When I play these pieces, my brain is already thinking ahead, so that when my hands actually plays the keys on the piano, I've already thought out what I want to do.  Definitely takes some mental effort to play piano with emotion.  There's more to the story of how I go about playing the piano, but I don't what to bore you.  Just sit back, relax, and imagine you're watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.





Semi-FAIL playing "O Christmas Tree"
I recorded this one last. For some reason, I could not get myself to play it right.  It's a really nice piece, with a jazzy arrangement.  I really wanted it to go well.  But after 5 attempts to record this one, I gave up and said the last one will do.  There are mistakes, but overall its ok and I think you guys will enjoy it.

Holiday List!
I also though I would also write a list (similar to my previous Special Entry) with a specific theme for the holidays

All I Want For Christmas Is... (can you figure out which one's I'm joking about)
  1. An Oil Change
  2. A New Car Battery (haha, already did that)
  3. A Bigger TV
  4. A Nursing Degree
  5. A Mail-Order Bride
  6. A Happy Ending (Haha, get it?)
  7. A Bottle of Johnny Walker Blue
  8. A Good Book to Read (any recommendations?)
  9. A Good Time
  10. Money (thank you financial aid)
New Year Resolutions
  1. Be happy! 
  2. Smile more.
  3. Stress less.
  4. Drink more!
  5. Go to the gym again.
  6. Enjoy life!
  7. Keep my room cleaner.
  8. Spend less money at Panera.
  9. Limit overthinking.
  10. Have fun!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY HANUKKAH! 
HAPPY KWANZAA! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

After this entry, my amazing blog will go on a bit of a hiatus.  I know everyone is sad (please humor me a little bit), but winter vacation means Edwyn won't be thinking too much about nursing for awhile.  I don't know though, I may post if its relevant (or I'm just bored), but I thank you all for being such avid followers of my 1st semester in Nursing School. Stay tuned for the next entry!

No comments: